Here you’ll find the recipe for the winter salad with raw red beets and apples. The salad can be prepared easily and fast.
Video http://youtu.be/8hP2kRd7fsABut you have to get into the taste as in Germany we mostly know red beets cooked. This vegetable tastes differently when it is raw but the combination of apples, oranges, crème fraîche and garlic makes it unique.
- Peel and finely grate red beets and apples. Peel, fillet and cut the oranges into small pieces.
- For the dressing stir crème fraîche, lemon juice and finely cut garlic. Sugar, salt and pepper make the taste perfect.
- Mix red beet, apples and oranges thoroughly with the dressing.
- Brown the sunflower seeds lightly in a pan and glaze with soy sauce.
- Arrange the lettuce on plates and sprinkle the sunflower seeds over it.