"Mutzenmandeln" is a typical German biscuits that is baked in cold season to rollicking celebrations including New Year's Eve and Carnival.
"Mutzenmandeln" German fritters"Mutzenmandeln" is a typical German biscuits that is baked in cold season to rollicking celebrations including New Year's Eve and Carnival.Marek Thi
Almonds, finely ground
- Mix in a large bowl flour, cornstarch, baking powder and sugar. Whisk the eggs and add. Add salt, lemon zest, cream and almonds.
- Give small knobs of butter to the dough and knead well. If the dough is too wet, add more flour. If it is too dry, add a few drops of water.
- Cover the dough and rest for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Roll out the dough (1 cm thick layer) and cut into desired shapes.
- Fry the pieces of dough in hot oil. When the "Mutzenmandeln"are golden brown on both sides, let them drain on absorbent paper.
- Finally, sprinkle the "Mutzen" with powdered sugar.