This cabbage salad is a fruity sweet treat. It's easy to prepare this salad, but the combination of ingredients is a pleasant surprise.
Red cabbage salad with clementines and dried figsThis cabbage salad is a fruity sweet treat. It's easy to prepare this salad, but the combination of ingredients is a pleasant surprise.Marek Thi
Extra-virgin rapeseed oil
Freshly ground pepper
- Remove the cabbage stalk. Then cut the cabbage with a sharp knife into very thin strips (2 mm).
- Peel cementines and cut into small pieces.
- Cut the dried figs in very thin slices (2 mm).
- Put the sherry vinegar with half the honey in a saucepan and reduce by half. Let the mixture cool and whisk it with the rapeseed oil. Give the dressing over the sliced cabbage.
- Season with lemon juice, honey and remaining salt and pepper.
- Let the salad rest for 30 minutes. Put the red cabbage on plates or bowls and garnish it with the chopped clementines and figs.
- Clementine's are the tiniest of the mandarins, a cross between a sweet orange and a Chinese mandarin. They are small, very sweet, and usually seedless with a distinctive taste.