In Germany there is the proverbial phrase “sour gherkin season”. Originally, it denoted a season when only very few fresh foodstuffs were available, namely the winter season.
With this salad, we show you how to sweeten the “sour gherkin season” with a tasty winter salad.
- Cut chicory 2 cm higher than core end in order to remove leaves easily.
- Cut radicchio into fine strips.
- Wash and spin corn salad.
- Peel and segment the oranges.
- Crack nuts and divide into some pieces each.
- Decorate salad leaves and oranges on a plate and garnish with walnuts.
- For the dressing, put all ingredients in a bowl and blend into a fine emulsion. Season to taste.
- Drizzle dressing over salad.