This salad can be eaten warm or cold. It is a filling lunch. I prepared this in a Hangout on Air video tutorial on food photography
Warm salad with parsley roots, lentils and baconThis salad can be eaten warm or cold. It is a filling lunch. I prepared this in a Hangout on Air video tutorial on food photographyMarek Thi
Rocket salad (arugula)
Pepper, freshly ground
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees celsius.
- Peel the parsley roots and the carrots and cut them into long sticks.
- Moisten the parsley roots and the carrots with a little olive oil, cider vinegar, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake the parsley roots and the carrots 12 to 15 minutes in the oven.
- Cook lentils according to the package recommendation. Then pour off the excess water.
- Wash the rocket salad (arugula) and spin it dry.
- Fry the bacon over low heat until it is very crisp.
- For the vinaigrette stir the cider vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt. Mix it slowly with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix lentils, parsley root, carrots and arugula with the vinaigrette and serve on a plate. Garnish the salad with the fried bacon.